The Standard Service Fuel Surcharge applies to all UPS Standard shipments.
Changes to the surcharge will now be effective on Monday of each week.
Effective week of April 24, 2017
Ground - 5.50% (0.055)
Air and International - 5.25% (0.0525)
If your Total Shipping software is currently set at any rate other than those shown above,
you can change this using the following steps...
To change these settings to reflect the correct Fuel Surcharge:
1. At the "Enter Package Information" screen, click "Settings"
2. Choose "System Setup" from the dropdown menu
3. Click the tab labeled "UPS Fuel Surcharge"
4. Click on the button (left) titled "Click to Change Ground Rate"
5. The rate at right is now red; type the new rate in decimals.
Make sure you enter the "0" in front of the decimal as shown here - 0.11 and 0.070
Updated information and details on the surcharges are posted on UPS.com.
If you have questions or need help with this procedure
contact Package Express Centers at
UPS Fuel Surcharges